Français

User Access

AEP Span - Sidebar - Rollformer -  March
USG - Sidebar - Fire
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
MCA - Summer Meeting 2024 - Sidebar ad
Leap - Sidebar - LeapPay - Feb 24
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

High Price Guarantee - I can't believe it's actually working!!!

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Tropical Roofer

So after the eye of Hurricane Irma passed over my town, I found myself in a position where I couldn't possibly keep up with the demand.  In the months following the storm, I was averaging between 200-300 RFQ's a day.  Of course, I'm sure most of you realize that skilled labor is always in short supply, and in an effort to operate my business as efficiently as possible, my schedule was full long before the hurricane hit.  I had no surplus capacity before the storm.  The storm didn't improve the labor shortage.  It made it worse.  Roughly 25% of the housing was destroyed and workers have been moving away as the cost of housing has skyrocketed and the wealthy are bidding against one-another for the limited supply.  This created an interesting opportunity.  With limited supply and virtually unlimited demand, I've decided to let homeowner's get three bids from the fly-by-night pop-up contractors and then I'll offer to do the job for 30% more then the highest price.  I'm pleasantly surprised by how successful it's been.  Most people are in disbelief when I tell them how it works.  But after talking to a few of the pop-up-contractors, they eventually call and asked to be put on my waiting list.  ;-)

September 24, 2018 at 12:51 p.m.

NeatRoofing

How has this been after the storm subsided? can you still increase your prices or was it only a short term opportunity?

-------------------------------------

William Neat Neat-Roofing-Logohttps://neatroofing.com

July 1, 2018 at 11:21 a.m.

leticia

What city and state are you in Tropical Roofer?

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

USG - Banner - Fire
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
EVERROOF - Sidebar Ad -  Branding Campaign
Geocel - Sidebar - 50th Anniversary - Feb 2024
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - New Choice For Traditional Beauty
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
Owens Corning - Sidebar Ad - Buesiness Accelerator Roundtables