English
English
Español
Français

User Access

RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
AEP Span - Sidebar - Rollformer -  March
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
Owens Corning - Sidebar Ad - Buesiness Accelerator Roundtables
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Coffee shop etiquette- buy or sit first?

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Robinson

HI,

I've been trying to study for a few exams in my off time (certification, entrance exams) and as I have a terrible work ethic and a taste for hot drinks I love to go to coffee shops. Not enough going on that I get distracted, but not enough isolation that I go crazy. In general I queue up, pay, and then go find a seat. No big dealIt's rough around Boston though. It's a college town to begin with, and it's a good thing there are Starbucks every fifteen feet because on a weekend every single one is full. Now that we're in an exam period, it goes double for evenings. Even so, I feel like it's unfair to go into a cafe, save a seat, and then spend the next ten minutes in line (to say nothing of wondering if my stuff will still be there).Tonight on my way home from work I was looking to study, and I stopped at no less than five different cafes looking for a spot to sit. The last one was perfect- no line, a seat by the window, I didn't even feel compelled to keep looking at the seat over my shoulder. However, just as soon as I hand the barista his money, some guy and his buddies swoop in and take the last table in the place, leaving me no choice but to walk home with a coffee I didn't especially want (I consider it admission, and I buy things proportionate to how long I expect to stay). I would've said something, but I have no idea if I have a leg to stand on. any suggestions.?

Please help.

Thanks!

May 14, 2018 at 7:13 a.m.

seen-it-all

Same thing at the supply house every morning. Do I queue up to place my order or do I just head for the donuts and coffee and loose my place in line. Then there are those mornings when I also face a three way dilemma when I also have to use the bathroom to take a dump. I know how you feel Brother. All the best in your studies and I hope this current crisis doesn't hamper your future life decisions regarding fairness and equity.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SOPREMA -   Banner Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand) New Design
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

The GLO Group - Sidebar Ad - FEBRUARY Option2-Optimized
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest!
USG - Sidebar - Fire
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders