Français

User Access

ABC Supply - Sidebar Ad - Solar Distribution
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
Georgia-Pacific - Sidebar Ad - DensDeck StormX eBook
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
Quarrix - Sidebar - SmartPlug Free Sample - April 2024
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Been a long while

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

andyk

I think that either replacing our computer or the updated RCS website caused me to lose log in capability on the website.   Ah, well, I'm back in now, thanks to Ms. Sharples . . .

Still out working in West Michigan.  Oldest son and his oldest working alongside this old man the past week or so.  Turned 65 a couple of weeks ago, slowing down, getting (much) more picky about the work we take on and who we work for.  Most of the work coming in is from customers we worked for 25 years ago or so for the same house.  It's become rather fun . . . the question isn't how much, but rather, when can you get here . . .

Missing a really good crew, college kids, who have graduated and moved on to their chosen careers.  Good while it lasted.  Well trained,  self motivated,  enjoyable to be around.  Watched 'em take a 28 square residential roof down in 3 hours.  It was magical.  Probably won't see it again in my lifetime.

May 12, 2018 at 4:37 p.m.

andyk

Thanks for the shout backs, guys.  Yeah, twill,  I could never figure out how the "old" guys in the trade could be so laid back and relaxed whilst us youngsters were frantic for the next job to keep body and soul together.  Gray hair, receding hairline and baldness must be a sure recipe for credibility and a little wisdom.  It's fun reaping the reward of a lifetime of well done work.

A friend (62 years of age) decided to bail out of business ownership, so I hired him and his number one guy (54 years old).  Thinking I would double the staffing to take care of a very busy schedule.  Silly me .  . . his lifetime customer base followed out his door and into mine.  I may have doubled the staffing . . . along with the number of projects likewise.  It's going to be  a wild ride until I get it all figured out.

Senior citizen . . . lol . . . as if . . .

MikeNZ . . . my brother-in-law has been your way for medical conferences and sight seeing.  Thinking your country is on my bucket list if I ever run out of work or ambition . . .

Mike H.  it's comforting to see you hanging out here . . . appreciate your wisdom and professionalism.

May 6, 2018 at 12:59 p.m.

Mike H

Welcome back.  The new log in is a bit of a hassle, but it obviously chased a lot of people away.

April 30, 2018 at 12:21 p.m.

MikeNZ2

Same thing with me andy, repeat or referred customers are coming to me in hordes, unfortunatly I dont have sons or grandsons who can give me the grunt help I need now. I'm trying to ease back at 63.5 yrs old but also mindful of building up the retirement fund, which I started way too late in my career.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Adams & Reese - Banner Ad- Being Prepared for OSHA (On-demand RLW)
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Westlake ad corrected size
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
Leap - Sidebar - LeapPay - Feb 24
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest!
Quarrix - Sidebar - SmartPlug Free Sample - April 2024
The GLO Group - Sidebar Ad - FEBRUARY Option2-Optimized