Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Westlake - Sidebar Ad - Special roofing that rises above it all
METALCON - Side Bar - Ticket Giveaway
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest! (2)
Polyglass - Sidebar - Polystick - June
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

What type of roof do you think this is?

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Old School

I saw this yesterday driving back from Kentucky. I am trying to figure out what type of roofing it is. It is on a 100 foot tall clock tower and it was pouring rain. Is there a problem?

http://picasaweb.google.com/crookston.john4/SlateRoof?authkey=Gv1sRgCIKttIWh3ri3pQE#5355153389052024850>>>

July 20, 2009 at 6:57 p.m.

Old School

If you believe the information on the attractions site, this has been going on for a long time. How much 90# is under there to feed on?>>>

July 20, 2009 at 1:37 p.m.

Spudder

Old School the plant life feeds off of any organic product that is under the final layer of roofing, if they have a mopped 90# or a asphalt base sheet or etc.>>>

July 19, 2009 at 2:31 p.m.

Old School

Ah, very funny! It is unique for sure. You never know what will become a tourist attraction! I stumbled upon it by accident!>>>

July 19, 2009 at 12:58 p.m.

CIAK

OS RA: Barbara Jasper relays a joke that Greensburgians never tire of: Q: Do you know how the tree gets water? A: From the spring in the clock. ] ;) ;)>>>

July 19, 2009 at 12:51 p.m.

pgriz

Old School Said: I must have missed the grave.

I'd say that would be a good thing. :laugh:>>>

July 19, 2009 at 12:41 p.m.

Old School

I must have missed the grave.>>>

July 15, 2009 at 7:09 p.m.

Old School

I am sure that is how it got there, I just wonder how it is watered and what it grows on.>>>

July 15, 2009 at 7:25 a.m.

Spudder

Thats the old bird trick, they pick up seeds and drop them off just like the bees We see plant growth all the time down here in Florida, as long as there is organic asphalt products you will see Plant life. B)>>>

July 14, 2009 at 7:51 p.m.

Old School

go to www.roadsideamerica.com/tip463 and I believe you will see it listed!>>>

July 13, 2009 at 7:24 p.m.

Old School

I just looked a a website that has this same tree and picture on it. Turns out this has been going on for almost 100 years now and the tree is kind of famous. Actually, they have had about 15 over the years; some up to 15 feet tall and 5 " in diameter. I will see if I can find the link and post it.>>>

July 10, 2009 at 5:40 p.m.

Old School

Sorry for not enough detail. It was pouring down rain and I took it from inside the window of the car. It is about 100 feet in the air though and that tree is bigger than you would think. Not sure what type of roof it is. It almost looked like concrete, but hard to say. It is Greenburg or Greenville in South East Indiana. Took the picture as we were passing through!>>>

July 10, 2009 at 5:32 p.m.

CIAK

That looks like a ledge to me with a cap of some sort . Maybe someone forgot to take the pine bough out when it was finished ??>>>

July 8, 2009 at 1:12 p.m.

wywoody

When the tree roots dislodge the stone roofing and it crashes down and hurts somebody, they won't have far to walk (or crawl) to sue. That's efficiency.>>>

July 8, 2009 at 8:48 a.m.

kage

Its a transformer in disguise guys..come on>>>

July 7, 2009 at 9:09 p.m.

Old School

I wonder if the word will get out. Someone from down there will see this posting for sure. It looks rediculious>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

METALCON - Banner - METALCON 2024: Metal Tradeshow Conference & Expo
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Bitec - StrongHold Sidebar Ad
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
Hi Peak SIdebar Ad
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad