User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Bitec - StrongHold Sidebar Ad
WSRCA - Side Bar - Western Roofing Expo 2024
WSCRA - Side Bar - RCS Ticket Giveaway
ABC Supply - Sidebar Ad - Siding solutions for any style
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

WAY OFF TOPIC RE: GUN OWNERS

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

RandyB1986

Even 'snopes' admits this is true, (bless their little blue hearts...)

This is true. If you got'em, better hide'em, and don't tell anyone!!! This is Starting to look like prewar Europe in the late 30's more and more!!!!!

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/blairholt.asp

Under the Radar Efforts to Take Our Guns From Us!

Guns you own are to be itemized on your 2009 tax return.

This treacherous HR-45 Bill must be stopped dead in its tracks!!

Please waste not a second to alert your Congressman and Senator that you wish this dastardly bill to be stopped immediately! We have 'people power'--and sovereign free choice--but only when we forthrightly, timely and wisely use it.

Please read below and take action with your representatives.

Senate Bill SB-2099 will require us to put on our 2009 1040 federal tax form, all guns that you have or own. It may require fingerprints and a tax of $50 per gun.

This bill was introduced on Feb.. 24. This bill will become public knowledge 30 days after it is voted into law. This is an amendment to the Internal Revenue Act of 1986. This means that the Finance Committee can pass this without the Senate voting on it at all. The full text of the proposed amendment is on the U.S. Senatehomepage,http://www.senate.gov/

You can find the bill by doing a search by the bill number, SB-2099. You know who to call; I strongly suggest you do. Please send a copy of this e-mail to every gun owner you know. http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/text

Congress is now starting on the firearms confiscation bill. If it passes, gun owners will become criminals if you don't fully comply. It has started.

Very Important for you to be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House. This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009. Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because the government is trying to fly it under the radar.

To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009. You will get all the information.

Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless: -It is registered -You are fingerprinted -You supply a current Driver's License -You supply your Social Security # -You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing -Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25 - Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.

There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18. -They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. In prison. If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many options to read this. It is long and lengthy. But, more and more people are becoming aware of this.

Pass the word along. Any hunters in your family pass this along. This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it.

This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.45:

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/show

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-45 |

Please.. Copy and send this out to EVERYONE in the USA , whether you support the Right to Bear Arms or are for gun control. We all should have the right to choose.

Dean E. Ewing, BS, MS, DVM Lt. Col. USAF (VC), Retired

>http://www.banne>

September 11, 2009 at 12:55 p.m.

Jed

......was'nt aimed at you Tinner, but at the many readers/contributers to this forum who may not have thought of the consequences of constantly having a loaded firearm at arms reach. I gotta say that had I a .50cal browning on a swivel mount on my Tundra there would be a decrease in the numbers of bad drivers around here :laugh:>>>

September 11, 2009 at 11:19 a.m.

tinner666

Not to worry Jed. I don't carry to feel big. I carry for safety reasons. I feel safer. And yeah, I'm in no rush to use, but I will if pushed far enough, and there is no other way. I feel everybody that can pass a background check should have the right to carry, even if they don't.>>>

September 11, 2009 at 10:44 a.m.

Mike H

I don't carry either. But I do want that right.

I pay an annual fee for the right to drive my car on a public road, operated and maintained by the government, but since my guns do no harm, nor use any public structure or improvement, aside from the range that I pay a fee to use, paying an annual fee for the "right" to own it just isn't gonna happen if I can help it.>>>

September 11, 2009 at 6:58 a.m.

Jed

One of our foremen from the Houston office got a scare recently when a road rage incident enden up with him being confronted by a "law abiding citizen" with a .357 magnum. (not clear on the details) He subsequently decided that he was gonna carry his 45 with him from that point on. I tried to talk him out of it. (not sure if it worked) I explained to him that if he had had his 45 with him that day then one of them could well have ended up dead. I have 14 handguns and never carry. If you ARE gonna carry, you need to be prepared to kill someone, and live with it for the rest of your life. BTW. Carrying may make your balls bigger, but only in your own mind.>>>

September 10, 2009 at 9:34 p.m.

tinner666

Ditto what Mike said. I carry and I've never seen a restriction slow a criminal down. I DO KNOW that my carrying has STOPPED a couple in their tracks. Including one that drew on a cop. I intervened and saved the cop.>>>

September 10, 2009 at 7:12 a.m.

Mike H

I had to ask.

Me? I'm far right. I want no restrictions. I believe in concealed carry for all law abiding citizens, without registration. An "old west" mentality, if you will.

If we can't keep drugs off the street, I don't see how we will keep guns off the street. Perhaps on the surface it would appear that most of these requirements are already met, but I must believe, even if it is terribly niave, that ownership records are NOT kept after the initial purchase clearance is given. Paying a tax on ownership? No thanks. Having all my guns registered, when they currently are NOT? No thanks.

We know that the STATED goal is disarming the public. I'm not willing to move that direction in any way, without a fight.

From a Life Member of the NRA and GOA.>>>

September 10, 2009 at 6:32 a.m.

Jed

Serious. Not playing devils advocate Mike, to do that you have to be impartial and I'm not cos' like many of us here I'm a gun owner. Like I said already, it's nothing new is it. If anything it's a move toward getting the tools off the brothers on the "corner" in the cities, and the gangs that are fast becoming a major pain in the ass. It will (if it works) however put more kids in jail which is bad news because our prisons are full already. If they really wanted to "disable/disarm" us then restrictions on ammo would be the way to go. IMO>>>

September 10, 2009 at 12:12 a.m.

Mike H

Jed,

Are you being serious, or fishing for discussion in a devil's advocate sense?>>>

September 9, 2009 at 6:24 p.m.

Bill6208

they would be wasting thier time to pass this, wouldn't last a day in any court>>>

September 9, 2009 at 6:11 p.m.

Old School

Looks like you can hit what you are shooting at.

I don't trust a government that doesn't trust me with a gun. period.>>>

September 9, 2009 at 2:32 p.m.

jfreynik

My idea of Gun control B)>>>

September 9, 2009 at 11:15 a.m.

Jed

Randy, They are not YET saying we have to surrender all firearms, so most of what you've printed is redundant, and everything reguarding buying a gun (with exception to the "evaluation") has been in place for years. The placement of firearms out of reach of children is common sense. They also decide whether we have the right to drive, do drugs, or travel to Cuba. Just more legislation. Do you feel this is a step towards something nefarious?>>>

September 9, 2009 at 10:28 a.m.

RandyB1986

One other thing.... It has now been 12 months(at time of stats) since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results are now in:

Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)! In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!

I MEAN....HOW MANY CRIMINALS WILL REGISTER FIREARMS???? :silly:>>>

September 9, 2009 at 10:25 a.m.

RandyB1986

* You are fingerprinted

* You supply a current Driver's License

* You supply your Social Security #

* You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing

* Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25 - Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.

There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18.

The Government would have the right to come and "inspect" that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and the fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. in prison.

The Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

---------------------------

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated

------------------------------

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

----------------------------

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million 'educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

-----------------------------

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million. >>>

September 9, 2009 at 8:01 a.m.

Jed

Is it really that bad? Proof of ownership, pay a tax and show that your not on the verge of going postal anytime soon, what's the problem. Illegal firearms damage the legitimacy of gun ownership with every round fired.>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

RCS Trends 2024 - Banner ad
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

METALCON - Side Bar - METALCON 2024: Metal Tradeshow Conference & Expo
Polyglass - Sidebar - Polystick - June
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - FAAR Best Practices
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad