User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
Pli-Dek - Sidebar - Only the Best - June
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Opening up a can of worms...

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

RandyB1986

Is everyone a pimp now days?!?!? How many salesmen actually know how to install a roof now days.........not many of the guys around here, who own "roofing companies" have ever installed a roof, they dont know what to inspect for......other than dirty gutters :silly:

June 1, 2010 at 9:39 p.m.

jimAKAblue

I'm wondering why anyone WOULDN'T inspect the roof? If you are running two roofs a day, inspecting the final product will take you about two hours, including drive time.

I guess I would be able to inspect about 4 roofs a day and still have time to cash the checks.

June 1, 2010 at 5:44 p.m.

Robby the Roofer

Having a manager do the inspection is fine, I was paid to do it. Some of the workers did not understand why I "over inspected", for that matter, couldn't believe how I can find the most hidden leak point on a roof that they did not catch.

I tell them, "If I want to keep my job, I have do it well...because my job is to protect the companies interest and reduce potential liabilities."

June 1, 2010 at 4:04 p.m.

jimAKAblue

I inspect every roof.

Someday, when I cannot inspect every roof, I will have a manager inspect every roof.

Henry Ford hasn't inspected every one of his cars.....but someone that works for him does.

June 1, 2010 at 1:29 p.m.

Jed

Yes. There is no combating a lack of "ethics" cos' my boys are thoroughly vetted BEFORE the situation arises.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Glo Group - Banner Ad - Leverage Your Team to Scale Your Business - RLW On Demand
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
Bitec - StrongHold Sidebar Ad
METALCON - Side Bar - Ticket Giveaway
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23