User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Bitec - StrongHold Sidebar Ad
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
USG - Sidebar - Fire
GCMC-Podcast-WinTraining-Sidebar-2
MRCA - Side Bar - 2024 MRCA Conference & Expo
Contractor Outlook - Sponsored by SRS
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

My Art Prize project model(s)

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

clvr83

Excellent design. A castle of their own. Time to expand on your article of turret roofing in case there was any questions!

My wife's grandpa from Kankakee area was a great wood craftsman. He ran a furniture store out of their back door, but mostly played with very small projects like dollhouses and birdhouses later in life. We have a dollhouse in my daughters room that has a wood shake roof, each piece about 1/2" wide and glued on. It had to be time consuming for that small stuff but it looks great. He liked the glue. His (nick)name was Galoo because that's how he pronounced it.

March 20, 2016 at 9:06 p.m.

Old School

The "Model" is 1/4 scale. The finished project is going to be 80% regular sized, so the door will be 64 inches tall, and the ceilings will be 77 inches; so it will be grown-up size for the little ones. the round tower is going to be 9' in diameter, and the entrance is 7' long to where it hooks to the tower. Show it to them and I will be taking pictures as I build it. I can send them to your people if they like. It should be fun, but time consuming. I am sure I will be able to cut out most all of the pieces in a couple of days. the "rough" framing should take about a week. Slating, flashing, interior and exterior finishes will take months. I don't kn ow if Iwill have time to be ready by this September.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MRCA - Banner - 2024 MRCA Conference & Expo
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
GCMC-Podcast-WinTraining-Sidebar-2
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
Uniflex - Sidebar - Sales Reps