Your Exterior Home Inspection Checklist -Another Great Article and Infographic to Share with Your Homeowners on Social Media
By Chelsea Welsh, Gutter Helmet.
Share this infographic and helpful checklist with your homeowner customers on your blog or social media channels.
YOUR EXTERIOR HOME INSPECTION CHECKLIST
The American Society of Home Inspectors(ASHI) defines a home inspection as “an objective visual examination of the physical structure and systems of a house, from the roof to the foundation”
Exterior home inspections help you spot potential problems before they can escalate into something more serious and costly. Doing this yearly will help minimize unpleasant surprises and unexpected difficulties down the road.
- Free of debris, vegetation ad mold
- Surface rippled, blistered or buckled
- Shingles missing, worn or damaged
- Slate or tiles broken or out of position
- CHIMNEYS, VENTS & FLASHING
- Vents clear of obstructions
- Metal flashings show no visible damage
- Chimney bricks cracked
- Mortar joints worn
- SOFFIT & FASCIA
- Free of rot, debris and mold
- Free of Peeling paint and water stains
- Wood sagging, splintered or rotten
- Trim boards pushed apart at corners
- OVERHEAD HAZARDS
- Free f Heavy overhanging tree limbs
- Clear of power and telephone lines
- EXTERIOR WALLS & SIDING
- Free of rippling, buckling and distortion
- No cracks, holes, gaps or water stains
- Paint blistered, cracked or flaking
- Wood sagging or rotten
- GUTTERS & DOWNSPOUTS
- Free of debris, vegetation and mold
- Free of corrosion, cracks and leaks
- Water exit sufficiently far from house
- Gutter full of debris
- Gutter bent or pulling away from house
- Water pooling or slow-moving
- WINDOWS & DOORS
- Free of leaks and condensation
- Caulking and weatherstripping intact and even
- Wood frame, sill or trim rotten
- Weep holes clogged
- FOUNDATION & DRIVEWAY
- Free of standing water and wetness
- Free of Shrinkage, expansion and settlement cracks
- Outer walls bulging or leaning slightly
- Concrete crumbling or chipping
Protect Your Home’s Exterior
Gutter protection is a small thing that goes a long way toward keeping your home safe from water damage 24/7/365.
To learn more, connect with an authorized Gutter Helmet dealer near you by calling (800)824-3772.
this is a test.